Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Duck! (seriously, look out!)

That's right! "Duck" and cover because this week's edition of Duck Tuesday features flying ducks! I stumbled across this delightful little guy on Amazon.com this week:
Add ImageHe flies AND quacks! What better way to illustrate a duck book than with visual aids and sound effects! And here's the perfect book to accompany such a fun toy:
Part of the Jez Alborough Duck series, this book features Goat, Sheep, and Frog (Duck's friends) and their quest to launch Goat's kite into the air. Duck shows up at the last minute, and of course, when Duck is around, things always go comically wrong! Can Super Duck save the day and his friend Frog??? Bright, colorful, action-packed illustrations command, making this story great for reading aloud, and the rhyming couplets are reminiscent of Dr. Seuss (and you know how I enjoy Dr. Seuss!). Such a fun book!

In other news, I get to help with Weather With Rusty today and tomorrow! Spring Break is somewhat of a slower week around the service center since at least half of our schools are off, and its much easier to get discouraged when there aren't people to help and conference rooms to support. Roxanne once passed on a piece of advice that really rings true at the moment: if I get discouraged in my day-to-day routine at work, just do a videoconference, watch some kiddos learn with realizing that's what they're doing, and it'll remind me of the larger purpose behind what I do. It's definitely time to see kids again!

No comments:

Post a Comment