Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Week 4 - Thing 9 - Useful Blogs

This is another hard part about RSS - finding blogs that are worthwhile to me. There are many many blogs out there, and while they all may be very wonderful, only a few of them are relevant to me. This part is definitely a trial and error process. If I stumble across a blog address while reading something library-related, I'll often go to it, browse the latest two or three postings, and then decide if it's something I could see myself reading often. I also check the frequency of posting and the date of the latest posting. If it hasn't been updated in a while, it's usally not worth it to me to bookmark.
Then, I'll check out the list of blogs that they follow. If a blog is interesting to me, odds are the blogs that person reads have a good chance of being interesting as well.

Blogs I like:

Naomi Bates's YA Books and More
School Library Media Activities Monthly
Confessions of a Pioneer Woman - nothing to do with libraries, but check out the Black Heels to Tractor Wheels story - it's SO addicting!
Tweendom

I've got a ways to go...

1 comment:

  1. I really understand what you mean...there are alot of blogs out there to go through and it takes a while to find one that really fits your needs. It is almost like buying teaching materials through catalogs and even stores. You find some items worth while but when you have time to search through it more you find that you will not use much of it.

    ReplyDelete